BACON RANCH DEVILED EGGS
Bacon Ranch Deviled Egg
One day a major craving hit me, like Betty White getting tackled in that Snicker's commercial.
I wanted loaded potato skins and I wanted them NOW.
You just aren't you when you're hungry.
Alas, how could I make sure this craving was cured with a low/no carb option??
And then it hit me: Bacon ranch deviled eggs were born.
Praise the Low Carb gods!
1 dozen eggs
½ -1 cup ranch (Nutrition label based on ½ cup Marie's Creamy Ranch)
4 green onions minced
4 slices of bacon (Nutrition label based on Kirkland's Low Sodium Bacon)
Paprika (for garnish)
Garlic salt (I ♡ Trader Joe's garlic salt!)
- Boil eggs. Add a little salt to the water & boil for 12-15 min. Then stick them in an ice-bath to cool down. Once cooled, cut them in half with the shell on and then use a spoon to scoop them out - it saves so much time!!!
2. Cook Bacon. Lay bacon in a pan (glass or metal) and place in the oven. I cook mine at 350 till it looks right (about 15 min until all the fat is rendered). You can go with the bacon being a bit fattier or cook it until it’s really crispy - it is up to you!
3. Add garlic salt, ranch, & green onion (leave a bit out for garnishing) to the yolks and mix.
If it’s looking a little dry, add more ranch. If you get a little over-excited with the ranch, get another egg or two boiled, then add them to the mix. You can cheat by placing the mixture in the fridge to help firm it up (I tend to do this if I I'm out of eggs or don't want to add any more yolks).
4. Once the bacon has come out and cooled down a bit, chop it up into little pieces. Mix the bacon into the bowl - you want bacon in every bite!
5. Scoop mixture into each egg white half. Once done, sprinkle with a little green onion, then paprika. You can start eating or chill it and enjoy later!
The Nutrition label is set so you can see how much each half is - don't worry you can eat A TON of these in one sitting and still be well below your carbs!! :)